Future UPF-7 Remanufacture
The UPF-7, WACO’s final advancement of the F-series. WACO’s Production starting in 1940 incorporated into this fine aircraft everything they had learned while making the entire previous F-series.
Its gear is two feet wider and much stronger than the QCF-2 and YMF-5. Its cockpits are the largest. Airframe, the most robustly built. WACO Aircraft Company drawing 22057, Fuselage Frame Assembly, designates 4130 chrome-moly-steel on each part of structure. The finest things don’t happen by fate, especially in aviation. It is all about EXPERIENCE! The F-7 is the culmination of the entire F series incorporating everything WACO learned along the way.
Come take a look at a WACO by RARE Aircraft and have a unique EXPERIENCE that will dazzle your senses and unlock a whole new world in aviation. We will take you back in time, let you grab the finest details that make the F-7 an enduring classic, bring them back and together we will create a brand new airplane handcrafted to your specifications. Your remanufactured UPF-7 will be as new as the day it left the Original Waco Factory in Troy, Ohio complete with provenance, history and a story to tell waiting for you to fill in the next chapter
Our core management and owners have been active in this company since its conception. There is 140 years combined EXPERIENCE in the Redman family focused specifically in this area of aviation. We are dedicated to delivering you an EXPERIENCE and aircraft second to none in Performance, Value and Beauty.
See for yourself why a Remanufacture by RARE Aircraft is a cut above the competition.
REMANUFACTURED WACO UPF-7
MODEL UPF-7 TO BE REMANUFACTURED WITH ALL NEW
- Wood structure: Wings, Center Section, fuselage fairing wood and empennage.
- All sheet metal
- Baggage door and combination latch
- Dishpan & Firewall
- Gear Leg Fairings
- Headrest Fairing
- Fuel & Oil Tanks
- All plumbing
- Ailerons (4)
- Stainless Flying Wires
- Cleveland wheels and brakes
- Tires & Tubes
- Tail wheel assembly with TRUE center locking capability.
- Classic Grimes Navigation Lights (NOS)
- Control systems, cables, pulleys and bearings.
- Elevator and Rudder Hinges
- 5 point Hooker Harnesses.
- Expanded vinyl upholstery
- Modern electrical system
- Sealed Battery
- Battery Box
- All Hardware New
- Cover and Paint complete
Overhauled Assemblies to New Standards Installed
- Continental W670 220hp engine with all OHC accessories.
New MT Wood Propeller is Standard Equipment for W-670 220hp
- Optional New Hamilton Standard ground adjustable Propeller by MT.
The Following Reman operations will be accomplished to NEW Standards:
- Fuselage Structure sand blasted, non-destructive tested and re-coated.
- Control System re-bushed, complete and all fittings new.
- Wing Fittings and brace wires inspected, re-plated & baked. Fittings replaced with new as required.
- Landing Gear Legs disassembled, slide tubes reground, hard chromed and precision ground to spec. Reassembled with new seals, springs, and spline bushings.
- Trim System rebuilt with New control chains and guide tubes.
- Stabilizer Jack Screw system rebuilt to NEW standards.
- Aircraft Covered Complete with Ceconite and Poly Finish.
- Original WACO Trim Style: Contrasting Wings, WACO fish-hook style side stripe.
WACO UPF-7 Reman Options
Avionics Package, $9,500
- Garmin 560 AERA GPS/XM
- Garmin SL-40 Com
- Garmin GTX 327 Transponder & Encoder
- PM 1200 3 place intercom
- PTT Front and Rear Cockpits
*Custom avionics Packages will be quoted individually. The above listed package is recommended for best fit, optimal performance and minimal distraction from the true open cockpit experience. Save the “flight-deck” experience for your jet.
Custom Package $7,000
- Full Engine Cowling
- Wheel Streamlines
Leather Upgrade $3,000
Two Place Front Seat $5,000
Two Place Front Seat, new, in accordance with WACO Aircraft Co. drawing 23702: Seat Installation – Two Place Front.
- Two Place headset jacks
- Full Width seat and Cushions
Custom Paint $5,500. Full Two Color with:
- Wing Leading Edge Trim
- Stabilizer Trim
- Cowl & Wheel Pant Trim
- Fuselage Stripe
- 3rd color pinstripe.
Chrome Package $8,000
- Wing Struts all Chrome
- Tailwheel assy Chrome
- Exterior Details, clamps etc. Chrome
- Custom Package with Custom Paint
Chrome Package. Custom Package, Custom Paint, Coupe Top and Ascension Package: Add our Ascension Package and have the Highest Performance F-series WACO available on the market today. *see below for Ascension Package details*
Speed Mail Conversion:
Metal front cockpit cover and removable windscreen $4,200
This was an original Waco Factory option that requires different shaped fuselage wood, windscreen and cockpit sheet metal. The canopy and windscreen are built to original factory specifications. Fly with the Canopy open or closed. $15 ,000
Show Smoke with no spill fill: $5,000
Own a true piece of American history
The UPF-7 is the easiest to fly with the best balance in the entire F-series. With the widest landing gear available on any WACO (two feet wider than an F-2 or YMF-5) and a true center locking tail wheel this aircraft is easy on and off the runway.
Our UPF-7’s hail from THE original WACO factory in Troy Ohio and are not newly manufactured replicas. They hold a Standard Airworthiness Certificate and are remanufactured to all current FAA Standards and Practices using modern materials. A masterpiece with true provenance.
We offer more options and real history…. Ask yourself, how many manufacturer’s options are based around only paint, avionics and interior. Let’s turn the next page in history together and create something out of the ordinary.
Select the Ascension Package for your Remanufactured WACO UPF-7, make it a ZPF-7 and have the final letter and word in WACO performance available on the market. ZPF-7 a true historic designation for this upgrade.
Don’t define your biplane experience by how much you spent on the instrument panel or only its color. Create an aircraft of your own, make a statement and contribution to the preservation or Americas greatest age in aviation.
What makes the ZPF-7 such a great performing airplane? Let’s start with what just plain makes it a great flying and handling airplane…the UPF-7.
- Widest and Strongest landing gear in the entire F series, Two feet wider that the F-2 or F-5.
- Largest front and rear cockpits in the entire F series.
- Most accessible front cockpit for passengers in F series.
- Most leg room.
- True articulating rudder pedals with toe brakes
- 125 mph cruise, fastest in its class
- 2b20-9 Hamilton Standard Constant Speed Propeller, 6” longer than what the other F series aircraft can use which translates to 6 ¼ Square Ft additional prop disc out front which meansto REAL performance.
- Constant speed propeller, the only way to get the full 300 hp out of the Jacobs R-755B2 engine.
- Light, our airplanes are kept light and take off shorter, climb faster and cruise faster by observing the simple rule; airplanes are made light an ounce at a time
- Owner specific paint schemes and colors
- Details only available with RARE such as chrome struts, five propeller options, owner specific details to each aircraft.
- Only 577 F-7’s were built. This ensures the value of your investment
- Our remanufactured airplanes consistently sell year later for more than what was invested during the remanufacture process.
- Only 577 F-7’s were built. Less than 200 remain. There aren’t more coming off an assembly line at a factory
Ascension Package Upgrades your aircraft with the following;
- Jacobs 300 hp with new production aluminum case.
- Hamilton Standard 2B20-9 Constant Speed Propeller, the longest and highest performance propeller available on any new WACO biplane. Only the Constant Speed Propeller will get the TRUE 300 HP out of your Jacobs Engine.
- 4” round oil cooler with cold air intake. The most efficient oil cooler available designed for this application. No louvers are needed on the Z to shed the extra heat of performance.
- Custom package required.
Our Ascension Package is the best performance and value on the market. We’re so confident this is a fact go ahead and see what others charge for a constant speed propeller alone…
Z By RARE Aircraft Ltd
Let’s turn the next page in history together and create something out of the ordinary.
A UPF-7 Testimonial
A few years back I was visiting on the phone with my lifelong friend, Rod Marshall. Rod was a CPT instructor in the early 40s, flying UPF-7s. He then went on to teach “advanced” Air Corps training in the T-6. All in all, he accumulated thousands of hours of instruction time during WWII. After the war he owned a long series of aircraft both as an FBO and then for personal business and pleasure. He retired to Montana where, after years of retirement, he was elected to the Montana House of Representatives. We bade farewell to Rod in 2004, a great spirit, a good friend, and one of the best aviators I’ve ever known. Please read on.
here’s the testimonial:
On the phone I told Rod I might be ferrying a UPF-7 to Washington State , and could possibly stop in for a visit. The first thing he said was, “You know, I think the UPF-7 was the best flying airplane I flew in my entire life”.
There was a photo of a UPF-7 prominently displayed at Rod’s memorial service.
If a new or newly restored biplane is on your radar screen, call us. Or better yet, come for a visit and see how great a Waco by Rare Aircraft can be.